Essential, Comprehensive and Customizable.
Everything Student Leaders need in one place!
Create the definitive program for your student leaders one-time or year-after-year.
Campus Organization Leadership Training℠ (COLT) is Dave Kelly’s comprehensive and customizable student leadership training package. Customize your program for beginner, intermediate or advanced student leaders. Create a new program every year. Create different programs for different groups of leaders. Create a comprehensive or progressive series – it’s all up to you and COLT covers it all.
COLT is the essential program for ALL student-led organizations. Your COLT program can be made a perfect fit for any campus club or organization. It can also be most effective when all of the leaders and advisors for your campus’ club and organizations attend so that every organization and club officer on campus will be on the same page.
Complete Training for: Student Government Associations ▪ Student Leadership Programs ▪ Greek Organizations ▪ Recreational Clubs and Organizations ▪ Academic Clubs and Organizations ▪ Business Clubs and Organizations ▪ International Student Organizations
The COLT program is designed to continually develop and reinforce the following skills and lead every level of student leader on your campus into successful post-collegiate professions and occupations.
- Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Competence through Student Leadership – Through this powerful leadership program your student leaders will develop identity, self-esteem, confidence, ethics and integrity; leadership skills; and the personal attributes it requires to successfully lead and work with others.
- Civic Engagement and being a Servant Leader – Students will come to understand the role that commitment to public life and a sense of civic responsibility plays in the life of a servant leader.
COLT MODULES: Half-day, full-day and two-day COLT training programs are available – customized especially for your student leaders. As an experienced student leadership trainer, Dave will guide you through customizing a program to fit your time slot and your training objectives. Choose and customize from the following flexible training objectives/learning outcomes:
- Recruitment Techniques for Campus Organizations – KNOW what makes a successful recruiting effort. DUPLICATE an effective recruiting table. CONDUCT a successful recruiting effort.
- Membership Retention – EVALUATE and LIST the major issues affecting membership retention in your organization. CONSTRUCT specific strategies and plans to succeed in the 4 areas of membership retention. IMPLEMENT the 5 Rs of Retention.
- Fun & Exciting Meetings – APPRAISE and RANK the fun factor in your current meetings. RECALL and APPLY at least 5 of 13 items that make meetings fun and exciting.
- Officer Role, Responsibilities and Transitions – NAME and DEFINE the role of each officer within your organization. PERFORM your officer role successfully. CONSTRUCT a plan for officer transition.
- Servant Leadership for Students – RECALL the 4 key areas of servant leadership. DISTINGUISH the difference between ‘service’ and ‘serve us’ and INTEGRATE selfless service into their leadership style.
- Risk Leadership for Campus Organizations – RECOGNIZE the inherent and potential risks associated with running campus organizations. IDENTIFY 6 key areas of risk for campus organizations. CONSTRUCT a plan to minimize organizational risk.
- Playing Well With Others – DEFINE and ESTABLISH personal group values defining behavior. RESTATE 5 ways of managing conflict within organizations and interpersonal relationships. ROLE-PLAY common conflicts and plausible avoidance/solutions.
- Confidence In Leadership – EMPLOY confidence-building techniques to ENVISION, WRITE, IMPLEMENT a game plan for personal and organizational success. ORGANIZE to use your personal and organizational time effectively.
- Secrets of Motivation and Delegating Authority – INTEGRATE motivational skills into their leadership style. EMPLOY effective methods for delegating responsibilities to others.
- Teambuilding – RECALL and ROLEPLAY exercises that create connections between team members, board members and/or new students. LEARN and REPEAT interactive, bonding activities that draw students together in a positive way. EMPLOY stronger listening, communication and facilitation skills and APPLY them when managing or participating in teams.(Focused Teamwork programs are available for Student Orientation Leaders and Residence Hall Staff/Student Volunteers – campus functions where cohesive teamwork can make a critical deference in a student’s experience at your campus.)
NOTE: Any of the above modules can also be delivered as a stand-alone ½ day program.
As America’s Student Leadership Trainer, Dave Kelly has developed this comprehensive retreat as his premier student leadership training program. As the name implies, the program combines Dave’s most powerful student leadership modules into the definitive program for student leaders. Additional benefits of the COLT program include:
- EXCITE, ENERGIZE and MAXIMIZE student involvement in your campus’ organizations!
- ESTABLISH the same understanding of how to run the organization effectively among all club officers!
- REDUCE COMPLAINTS about ineffective leadership and leadership methods!
- PRODUCE WRITTEN GUIDELINES FOR ALL CAMPUS CLUBS instead of relying on someone’s opinion or the classic “that’s how it’s always been run!”
- INCREASE RETENTION AND SATISFACTION in your students while enhancing their educational experience.
- AN IMPROVED LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE enhances opportunities for students to be engaged and involved on campus.