A perfect program for the coming fall orientation because college is a time when you develop powerful and often life-long relationships that can impact your life in a positive or negative way.
Choosing and developing the right relationships is a life skill that requires self-esteem, the ability to work with others and effective communications among others. “Secrets to Happy College Relationships” focuses on helping students cope with the number of new people and new experiences they are presented in their first years of college. It interactively focuses on relationships with classmates, new roommates, new dating opportunities and testing new freedoms experienced with the removal of parental boundaries.
By attending the “Secrets to Happy College Relationships” program students will be able to:
- EVALUATE the successful relationships they have had in the past and DUPLICATE those ingredients in their new relationships.
- DEFINE the ideal qualities that they want in their friends or partners and CONSTRUCT a blue print to utilize in future relationships.
- ANALYZE both the good and bad experiences in their lives and DESIGN plans to handle what the future has in store.
“Secrets to Happy College Relationships” is perfect for campus events such as:
- Student Orientation, New Student Orientation
- Welcome Week & Convocation Programming for the New Semester
- Freshman Orientation and First Year Experience Programming
- Personal Development, Residence Life & Life Skills Programming
- Campus Activities, Greek Life, Student Government, Club & Organization Meetings
- University Lecture Series / College Speaker Series
- Graduation and Commencement Programs and Keynotes
Herb draws on past experiences and storytelling and sharing practical tools so that students can live a happy and prosperous life is possible no matter what your circumstances might be. The “Secrets to Happy College Relationships” program also incorporates interactive exercises that allow participants to share their experiences.
Herb Ammons brings a fresh approach through an inspiring take on life. His message is simple: “Your Happy Life is an Inside Job.”
This keynote/breakout is 15-60 minutes long and is customized based on the occasion.